Brothers Junk Removal & Deconstruction offers junk removal service for a fair price. We work with residents, real estate agents and landlords. Items that are accepted with an extra charge due to EPA regulations and/or transfer station fees include:
- Appliances with coolant: $35-$200 depending on size and location in the house (must be empty)
- TVs, monitors, projection TVs: $50-$100 extra (Elgin Recycling in Crystal Lake will charge you $35)
- Tires with rim: $20 ($10 without rims) each. Tires can be taken to most tire shops for a fee
We will not remove hazardous items from your home. This includes but is not limited to paint, oil, and hazardous chemicals. See below for suggestions on how to remove these items.
- Used motor oil: Oil can be taken to most local oil change shops
- Paint: you can dry paint out and put it in your trash. You can also call your local paint store, McHenry County Defenders, Waste Management, or your municipality for recycle days
- Chemicals: Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful in Rockford (knib.org)